[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri May 16 18:02:08 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:51:27 +0200, Sanne Grinovero
<sanne.grinovero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the tips,
> Still I'm unable to build the Hibernate Search project, even using  a
> clean checkout and
> a fresh maven 2.0.9 repository; using JDK 1.5.0_15-b04.
> I'm on Linux (LFS), and have installed the software mentioned by Steve
> Ebersole.

I don't understand. Hibernate Search is still using Ant (with Ivy) for the
build.
If you just want to build Hibernate Search you don't even need maven. I
know there
is a POM in the top level directory, but this is not a working maven POM
as such.
The ant to maven mirgration is still a open Jira issue within Hibernate
Search. In fact
I believe it is assigned to me. So far I was waiting for the core
migration to be finished.
Maybe it is a good time to start now ;-)

Anyways, the ant build works fine. However, I choose
to not depend on 'latest' version defined for commons-annotations,
annotations and entity manager.
I changed ivy.xml to depend on deployed versions from the jboss repo. If
you stick with 'latest' you
WILL have to build these modules locally.

> I don't really need Hibernate Core (although it was really useful to
> have all projects configured
> and linked in eclipse as dependencies), but I need to build it as the
> latest Search trunk depends
> on latest Core tag; I want to avoid the "please send me a built jar"
> approach.

I prefer to attach the source bundles to the appropriate jar artifacts.
There is an option
in the m2eclipse plugin (in case you are using it) to download the source
bundles together with the dependencies.

> 1)To create an eclipse project for Core, I had to disable the
> m2eclipse maven plugin, manually select all source
> directories, download all jar dependencies and force source level to 1.5.

I seem to have more luck. I updated to the latest versin of the plugin and
then just used the import function
to import the full monty. It worked fine, except of a little problem with
the antlr generated source files.
I updated the wiki page you mentioned: http://www.hibernate.org/422.html

Regarding annotations and entiry manager - I believe they also still use
Ant as build tool. Really only the core
got migrated to maven yet - correct me from wrong here. I actually haven't
build these projects/modules for quite a while. I think for our sanities
sake it would be great if we could migrater all projects/modules asap. I
think a lot of people are confused right now.