[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sat May 17 03:29:55 EDT 2008

Thanks to everybody, you were all very helpful;
all your thoughts together made me clarify the situation
and I got a partially useful workspace now.
(still no search build but now I understand how to proceed)

I'll write down what to do if anyone had to repeat this:
1)for Core you have to checkout the whole tree, but this doesn't represent
a single project but a tree of projects; the result in eclipse is a list of
interdependent projects.
Also this makes it possible to use different java source versions in
different source directories.
Don't use m2eclipse to enable maven
on the checkout, but use
File->Import->General->Maven Projects
Note the plural: "Projects" this is going to generate the complete tree
of projects and link them together.
This process is going to fail if you didn't size the heap for maven,
I needed to set it to 512MB.

2)The other Hibernate packages (EntityManager, Annotations, Search...)
are more tricky: they have a misleading pom there, but you should use
the ant build. Unfortunately some links needed by Ivy are currently broken:
this is what caused all the trouble, you probably have the jars still in
the ivy cache.
Now at least I know I have to fix the Ivy dependencies, and not to expect
the maven to work ;-)
Emmanuel, I would suggest to reopen HSEARCH-1919 ?

I volunteer to write some instructions in the wiki, if someone points me
to the most appropriate page.

thanks again,