[hibernate-dev] Move of Annotations and EntityManager into Core

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Tue Nov 4 04:37:24 EST 2008

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 05:31:52 +0100, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On the other hand now I have to suffer Maven. So not so cool.
:)

>   - clean
     mvn clean

>   - runt the test suite
     mvn test
     mvn test -Dtest=MyTest (to run single test)
     mvn install -DskipTests (tests will actually run per default, but can
be skipped)

>   - check the log files from the test suite
     the log files are under target/surefire-reports. Per test there are
three files
     * org.hibernate.*.MyTest.txt - the actual junit report
     * org.hibernate.*.MyTest-output.txt - the standard out log
     * TEST-org.hibernate.*.MyTest-output.xml - the xml formatted Junit
report

>   - build the distro
     Not sure about this one. There is a distribution module in Core, but I
haven't used it yet.
     I don't know what is still required to get Annotations and
EntityManager into this
     distribution. The old dist packages are currently not available, even
though it would
     be straight forward to build them. We could use a similar approach I
took in
     hibernate-validator-legacy. However, if I understood Steve correctly
there won't be
     any standalone releases of Annotations and EntityManager anymore.
     Maybe we should discuss our plans in this regards a little more.

>   - compile
     mvn compile

>   - compile tests
     mvn test-compile

>   - deploy to my local repo to test a to be released distribution
     mvn install

See also
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
for other available goals.

> Also for EM, how do I built the test jars and pars to test them in my
> IDE.

For this custom tests we are still using ant via the maven-antrun plugin.
In fact the code to generate these packages
is pretty much unchanged. The jars/pars get automatically build when you
run the tests. You can run:
     mvn process-test-classes
to build just these artifacts.

> We also need to get the JPA javadoc in the distro.
This goes really together with the overall distribution discussion.

--Hardy