[hibernate-dev] exposing statistics easier (HHH-3593 solution)

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 03:10:00 EST 2008

>> That's saying "use the platform MBeanServer" *and* "use the
>> MBeanServer with a default domain name of "my_mbean_server". Which
>> takes effect?  I didn't want someone to do something confusing like this.
>
> I understand. But we can raise a config exception and fail fast. With
> your approach, if I name my bean server *platform* and want to deploy
> the Hibernate beans on it, I got screwed.

Side note: You can't set the default domain name of an MBeanServer to
"*platform*" - JMX defines the asterisk as a special character in the
ObjectName that refers to a wildcard when querying object names.  Having
an actual * in the domain name would be invalid - so you can't name it
"*platform*" even if you wanted to:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/management/ObjectName.html