[hibernate-dev] Envers in Hibernate

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Oct 23 11:05:58 EDT 2008

The idea, moving forward, is to start pushing the Annotations approach
more than we do now.  Not to deprecate xml mappings per-se but certainly
to start looking at Annotations as the preferred approach.  At that
point we'd stop developing the HbmBinder code (aside from bug fixes).
Note that this is completely distinct from pushing EntityManager use
over straight Session use; we are just talking about Annotations instead
of externalized hbm.xml.

Would you be interested in adding this support to the XML/DTD and
HbmBinder + metdata?

-

Steve Ebersole
Project Lead