[hibernate-dev] want to join hibernate development community

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 09:30:51 EDT 2009

Some observations on this thread:

1. You do not need m2eclipse.  /trunk and /Branch_3_3 both use Maven 2
and will build straight away with "mvn compile".

2. You can generate Eclipse or IDEA project files from the command line
in the standard Maven way (mvn eclipse:eclipse or mvn idea:idea) and
then import the projects.  I understand that IDEA reads Maven metadata
natively but I cannot speak to that.

3. Only committers are allowed to ... commit.  This is what the
svn.jboss.org server is for.  anonsvn.jboss.org is a replica with
read-only privileges.  Use this for now.  You are free to open JIRA
tickets and attach patch files which will be reviewed by Hibernate
committers and possibly committed in a future release.

4. Yes, Hibernate is complicated.  It is not a trivial project to jump
into head-first.  So please understand that there are many ways to
contribute:

   * Helping on the forums
   * Hanging around in IRC to participate/answer questions
   * Improving the wiki
   * Filing JIRA issues for bugs or attaching test cases that are required

Happy Hibernating,

Chris