[hibernate-dev] want to join hibernate development community

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Apr 16 11:45:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:08:47 +0200, Elhanan Maayan
<elh.mailgate at gmail.com> wrote:

> good luck getting your feet, personally i feel somewhat drowning when i'm
> trying to figure out this bug :
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3856

As an alternative to HHH-3856, I can recommend to start with some
Annotations or
EntityManager bugs. Annotation bugs might give you an easier 'entry point'
into
the whole code base.

Take for example
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/ANN-572
For this issue there seems to be a patch which according to some comments
needs still
some modifications. You could try to supply a patch which works against
the current trunk
and which includes unit tests. This way you have something to start with
and get familiar
with the code and the build. ANN-784 could be another good issue to start
with. Again a patch
and test(s) would be needed.

I guess what I am trying to say is to start with a few bugs which have
already a good
description and expand your knowledge by exploring the code from there. I
am sure Hibernate Core has
similar bugs which you could start with.

--Hardy