[hibernate-dev] Preferred branch for patches

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 6 16:42:28 EDT 2009

Trunk will likely be in flux until later next week.  I plan a beta
release of 3.5 at that time, so will need to get it building.  It
actually does build for me locally, but I have not recently done a full
update to merge other changes...

Generally speaking diffs should be done against trunk; especially if it
involves both core and annotations/entitymanager.  But 3.3 is probably
close enough that it'll be fine.  Just make sure it is an svn diff, not
a basic gnu diff...

hth

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 16:20 -0400, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on my first patch for Hibernate Core and Annotations and
> I'm wondering what branch to use as the baseline. Trunk would seem to
> make sense, but the trunk version of Core won't build for me right
> now. (Should it?) In contrast, the "hibernate-3.3.2.GA" tag builds
> just fine.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rob
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>