[hibernate-dev] GSoC 2009 project at Hibernate Search status

Łukasz Moreń lukasz.moren at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:48:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

The deadline for Google Summer of Code 2009 projects is coming soon. Here is
status of my work during GSoC on Hibernate Search:

[+] Hibernate Search backend based on JGroups. I finished it about month ago
and sent patch to hibernate-dev list.

[+] Infinispan Directory to store Lucene indexes
I'm working on that. Currently I'm testing it with many readers and many
Infinispan caches, where index is replicated.It works quite ok,
just with problem with index merging.
There are some things left to do like: "master" node selection, Infinispan
cache configuration available to user, ... , but also some days
are left so I hope to manage with that.

Cheers,
Lukasz Moren