[hibernate-dev] Is Eclipse RCPed application including hibernate library covered under LGPL?

Keiko Murakami a2z at jcom.home.ne.jp
Sat Aug 15 21:24:10 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've been developing an application related Eclipase with hibernate
libarary.
When I build the application as RCP file that includes hibernate library,
should I distribute it under LGPL?

I read LGPL v2.1 section 5, I know my application in isolation is
"work that uses the Library(hibernate)",
but my concern is that RCPed application(executable form)
must be applied LGPL,
because it includes full hibernate library as jar files and
its hibernate library can not separate from RCPed application.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask,
but I appreciate your help.
Thank you,

Keiko