[hibernate-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sun Aug 23 08:22:57 EDT 2009

Hey Lukasz,
Your patch looks quite good and pass tests on my side.

I encourage others to check out the patch before we apply it (ideally
another person form HSearch and one person from infinispan.

Lukasz, I have a few questions/remarks though before applying it. Can
you answer / adjust the patch?

IndexWriterSetting
Why move to return Object in parsing from the initial int?

Move DPHelper#createInfinispanCacheManager to IDP
this is not something that can be shared as it creates a hard
dependency on infinispan otherwise.

in createInfinispanCacheManager
Don't log in error the fact that xml is not used if a default config
is used. Just log in trace at best.

Rename InfinispanCacheManagerConfigurationImpl to
DefaultInfinispanCacheManagerConfiguration or even better with a name
describing nicely the behavior of the infinispan config.

in InfinispanIndexOutput, is it possible to get writeBytes bigger than
buffer size? If yes, does newCheck creates the appropriate numbers of
chunks?

InfinispanDirectoryProvider
put the configuration proeprties available in the
InfinispanDirectoryProvider javadoc.

I think the default cache name should be "Hibernate Search" instead of
"HSInfinispanCache". We know it's in infinispan :)

what's the try catch opening and closing an IW about? It looks weird.

in stop()
you don't close the CacheManager? How is that?

InfinispanCacheManagerConfigurationImpl
What does "Infinispan-Cluster" correspond to? Why this name? Shouldn't
it be "Hibernate Search cluster"?
Is it safe to override the GlobalConfiguration? What if JBoss AS use
infinispan to run?

Why the use of DummyTransactionManagerLookup. Doesn't Infinispan guess
the right TM depending on the environment? e in JBoss As use the JBoss
one etc?  I think GenericTransactionManagerLookup does that.

InfinispanCacheManagerConfiguration
some javadoc on the methods would be useful. I don't know what do
implement here.

Is there a better name for Metadata? Like FileMetadata maybe?

Where is ispn-cache-default-conf.xml used? For tests only? If not: is
it possible to use a programmatic version instead and what is "It's a
movie cache"?

Emmanuel

Begin forwarded message: