[hibernate-dev] BoostStrategy issues

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri Dec 4 10:23:15 EST 2009

Hi,

I am not quite sure I follow. Why fieldname? And do you mean Lucene
Document field name or
a entity field name?

I think originally we discussed defineBoost(String fieldName, Object
value), but decided that
the fieldName parameter was not needed.

You can place the @DynamicBoost annotation on class or field level. On
class level you define a
dynamic boost for the whole entity and on field level just for this field.
Do you want to be able
to place a @DynamicBoost on class level and call for each indexed field
defineBoost(String fieldName, Object value),
where fieldName would be the current index field name and value the
indexed entity?

One thing we have not done though is to add @DynamicBoost to @Field. Right
now you can only
specify @DynamicBoost directly on a field and the dynamic boost will apply