[hibernate-dev] Annotation Processor for HV

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Dec 7 07:08:03 EST 2009

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:09:33 -0300, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> OK I understand better now, sorry about that. It's just that I find it
> weird that an AP cannot access the project CP as is. That would not be
> the first weird thing in the Java platform :)
> It might make sense to push some of the mirror-based resolution code
> to jType (just like we do today for the Class based resolution), or at
> least isolate it as a first step to keep this option open.

At first I found it strange as well, but maybe there is same sense behind
it.
At the time you try to call Class.forName() this particular class might
not yet be
compiled, it might even have syntactic errors. Maybe it's not so far
fetched to only
allow access via the mirror API for classes which are getting compiled.
Not trying to defend Sun here, just trying to find a reason.

Anyways, back to the drawing board :)

--Hardy