[hibernate-dev] Unable to build core

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 9 10:46:32 EST 2009

Paul was supposed to be pushing a new jboss-jacc-api SNPASHOT.  Does not
look like that has been done yet; I'll follow up with him again today
and see where this is.

As for ours I think we need to cut actual releases and not just
snapshots whenever possible.  jpamodelgen, as a great example.  As I
discussed with Hardy last night, I will push a BETA release of it
today.

Especially when we push releases (even SNPASHOT releases) we need to be
very very cognizant of depending on SNAPSHOT dependencies.  For example,
this has bitten us with a 3.5 snapshot pushed to the snapshot repo
because it relies on some non existent jpa-api snpshot release (i.e.
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-4581 )

Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org