[hibernate-dev] jpa api jar name

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 14 09:22:19 EST 2009

I am thinking of users here.  Since there will be multiple jpa api jars out there I liked the idea of the jar name itself encoding the fact that this is the one from hibernate.  I think this is more user friendly.  I hear what you are saying though about the ability to bootstrap any/all providers.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.orgEmmanuel Bernard wrote:

I would use

org.hibernate.javax.persistence:jpa-2.0-api:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Because while there is code written by us, it's not specific to Hibernate and can bootstrap all providers on the market.