[hibernate-dev] Problems building Core

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Dec 17 22:24:09 EST 2009

Hi,

just wondering whether someone could confirm that the reactor build of
Core is broken.
There is a sort of expected failure in
EmbeddedTypeTest.testSingularAttributeAccessByNameFailureExpected
in the entitymanager module. But even after commenting out this test I am
not able to complete the build.
I am having problems with the Envers test suite where I am getting an
OutOfMemoryError:

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: Java heap
space; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
         at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:99)
         at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:393)
         at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:225)
         at
org.testng.reporters.SuiteHTMLReporter.generateMethodsChronologically(SuiteHTMLReporter.java:429)
         at
org.testng.reporters.SuiteHTMLReporter.generateReport(SuiteHTMLReporter.java:67)
         at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:735)
         at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:721)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGExecutor.run(TestNGExecutor.java:74)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGXmlTestSuite.execute(TestNGXmlTestSuite.java:92)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:345)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1009)

--Hardy