[hibernate-dev] new generation of spambots in forums

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:14:50 EST 2009

Hello,
since some months I've seen a raising rate of weird posts, like this one today:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1001443

It looks like there's some clever bot agent, as the post makes
_almost_ sense in the context but they always have a signature linking
to some website as advertising

They're not very frequent AFAIK, still annoying.
I'm thinking the goal for such a bot is likely to rise the pagerank
than to make real advertising, also considering they're not very
frequent. It could make sense to ban links in posts, forcing people to
write them as text.
Sad.