[hibernate-dev] new generation of spambots in forums

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:50:51 EST 2009

yes I have admin rights; I'll delete this one.
I was writing about this to show the new kind of bot, it happens that,
while this one is obviously wrong, sometimes it looks like someone is
trying to be helpful and tries to  answer the question, a bit wrong,
but not so far. In these cases I'm not 100% sure if it's human or not,
to ban or not to ban :-) Also considering many users aren't very
fluent in english sometimes I don't know what to think if it.

It actually happened once that a bot, like this one, correctly quoted
the snippet containing the solution, answering to the user problem: it
probably uses the questions/error messages as key for a search.
But that only happened once, most of the time it writes BS quoting
some random stuff about Hibernate.

Sanne