[hibernate-dev] Problems building Core

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Dec 21 15:17:57 EST 2009

Hi,

turns out that MAVEN_OPTS does not help in this case at all. The surefire
plugin per default uses the forkMode 'once', meaning a new JVM gets created
for running the tests. Command line arguments passed via MAVEN_OPTS only
apply
for the JVM running the build.

To increase the heap size for surefire you have to pass the JVM options in
the plugin configuration. See
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-4728

I added -Xmx1024 globally in the parent pom of Core. I think that's better
than
just adding it to Envers alone.

I have no idea why no-one else has experienced this issue. Might be some
JVM specific
thing.

--Hardy