[hibernate-dev] trunk test failure...

Adam Warski adam at warski.org
Wed Dec 23 03:31:17 EST 2009

Hello,

> I updated trunk and get the following test failure during build:
>
> "
> Failed tests:
> init(org.hibernate.envers.test.integration.naming.VersionsJoinTableRangeComponentNamingTest)
> "
>
> I don't see any details about this failure and cannot seem to run
> VersionsJoinTableRangeComponentNamingTest as a unit test within
> intellij.
Yeah, it's a bit tricky, intellij runs the test with the wrong classpath which includes hibernate.properties from other classpaths and messes up the configuration. I usually simple remove all hibernate.properties from my working copy ;).

> Any ideas?
I guess it's something with the metamodel changes (not on the Envers side), as Hibernate fails during configuration:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot determine java-type from given member [null]
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory$BaseAttributeMetadata.<init>(AttributeFactory.java:591)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory$SingularAttributeMetadataImpl.<init>(AttributeFactory.java:671)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory$SingularAttributeMetadataImpl.<init>(AttributeFactory.java:661)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.determineAttributeMetadata(AttributeFactory.java:542)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.buildAttribute(AttributeFactory.java:81)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.MetadataContext.wrapUp(MetadataContext.java:177)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.MetamodelImpl.buildMetamodel(MetamodelImpl.java:66)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:79)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:752)
	at org.hibernate.envers.test.AbstractEntityTest.init(AbstractEntityTest.java:94)
	at org.hibernate.envers.test.AbstractEntityTest.init(AbstractEntityTest.java:82)

The test uses an entity which uses a component class multiple times, using @AssociationOverride and @AttributeOverride to name the columns appropriately.

We could really use a CI server, then it would be possible to easily see which commit broke what. I think JBoss could get a free license for e.g. TeamCity (which I use at work and it works very nicely).

--
Adam