[hibernate-dev] [BeanValidation] Naming adjustments for the Bootstrap API

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Jan 15 04:05:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I think the name changes are definitely a step into the right direction. I
am still not
convinced that the whole API fis not overcomplicated, but if we go down
this path I give
the new names a +1. Changing ValidatorFactoryBuilder to Configuration is
also a good idea
since I believe we have too many ValidationXXX and ValidatorXXX classes.
It's damn hard to
keep things apart there.

> I am also wondering if we should rename the methods on the
> Configuration object (former ValidatorFactoryBuilder):
>   - messageResolver => useMessageResolver
>   - providerResolver => useProviderResolver
>   - traversableResolver => useTraversableResolver
>   - customConfiguration => useCustomConfiguration
>   - constraintFactory => useConstraintFactory

I guess if you really want to go down the 'fluent' API path it makes
sense, even though I
don't have any strong feelings about it.

--Hardy