[hibernate-dev] [BVAL-RI] HibrnateValidatorConfiguration

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Jan 31 08:34:42 EST 2009

On  Jan 31, 2009, at 06:08, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 07:49:24 +0100, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org
> > wrote:
>
>> I don't think HibernateValidatorConfiguration should go in the
>> engine package. That's a public API. it should stay in the root
>> package.
>
> Ok. The main point was to remove the engine / impl distinction which
> felt kind of arbitrary.
> Also the MessageInterpolator and ConstraintFactory handling has
> changed. I think now it makes more
> sense and we don't have to pass the references around everywhere.
> Let me work a little more in this area. I will keep in mind that in
> the end HibernateValidatorConfiguration
> should move up again.

yes, I agree.
Speaking of ValidatorContextImpl and ValidationContext
I think something should be done in this area, probably
ValidatorContextImpl being passed as a constructore parameter to
ValidatorImpl and encapsulated in ValidationContext.
BTW, either ValidationContext has a bad name or ValidatorContext has a
bad name but one of them has to change:
  - ValidationContext => ValidatorExectionContext?

PS in ValidatorContext name has to change, let me know as it impacts
the spec.