[hibernate-dev] Re: recommend hibernate tools version for bundling with Seam 2.2

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 03:01:26 EDT 2009

> It appears the latest JBoss Tools 3.0.1 are using some build of
> Hibernate Tools 3.2.4.GA?

JBoss/Hibernate tools includes the official release of Hibernate tools
so it is not "some" build, it is *the* build.
> I guessed it from the plugin version being named "3.2.4.GA", but
> actually the hibernate-tools.jar
> inside the plugin is missing some kind of version information, I've
> opened HBX-1125 about this.

hibernate-tools just like hibernate for ages just includes a version
class that prints the info :)
> On the hibernate SVN and website I couldn't find a 3.2.4.GA,
SVN: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/tags/TOOLS_3_2_4_GA/

Download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=242269&release_id=681061
(I didn't point to jboss.org download since
jboss.org seem to be sloooow today)

The latest binary is distributed in hibernate tools as it's been for
years now.

tools.hibernate.org wasn't updated because the latest update happend
smack in the middle of the downtime...
i'm releasing a new today and i'll get the hibernate.org page uptodate.
> also
> maven can't find it so Seam can't use it.

Hibernate Tools never been a maven build nor been in Maven and still
Seam used it before ;)
> As Seam is using latest stable 3.2.3.GA of "hibernate-tools.jar" I'm
> not changing that, hope you agree.

If it works fine then great, but I would definitely like it to be
upgraded if possible :)

p.s. I know that hibernate tools should move to maven or at least
publish to maven repository but
it's just not been possible to do yet because I haven't found a way to
work with Maven on the testsuite of
hibernate tools - it's on the top of my todo list, but if anyone out
there got time to spare then I'm all
ears for patches on getting hibernate tools "mavenized"...

/max