[hibernate-dev] HHH 869 (Collections of value type in the Criteria API).

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 17 12:35:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 11:55 -0400, David Mansfield wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 10:38 -0500, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 10:52 -0400, David Mansfield wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm not going to do the JUnit stuff until I get a commitment that my
> > > work won't be wasted.  Last I heard, the CriteriaQueryTranslator was
> > > going away and therefore the problem would be fixed by building AST
> > > trees so that the queries execute the same way HQL does.  If this is
> > > indeed the case, then the maintainers don't really want my code.
> > The *earliest* the AST approach would happen is 3.5, and it may not even happen in time for that since 3.5 has JPA2 as its main scheduling requirement.
> >

> Does that mean that there's interest in getting this patch merged?
Sure.

But you must understand that for one of us to look at it for validation
requires time.  I know that I personally am not going to jump on
incomplete patches sent here to validate them.  If you have specific
questions ask them here or on the #hibernate-dev irc channel.

We appreciate you spending time to work out a patch.  If you want to
give it the best chance of acceptance and being looked at, then I
suggest that you make it "complete" and that you include tests showing
that it does what you say it does.

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org