[hibernate-dev] Regarding HSEARCH-248

Ing. Arturo Frappé Muñoz afrappe at acm.org
Fri Mar 6 11:09:22 EST 2009

Good evening Lords and Ladys:
I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Hibernate
Search 3.1.0, when I'm following Hibernate Search In Action, I found this
bug (HSEARCH-248).

I'm asking for a hint on where to debug and
for any ideas  to fix the generated query.

Since I'm not
an SQLServer 2000 expert, I think that this bug may be solved with this
recipe:
1. Convert to varchar  and concatenate  all tuples
involved in the where as well as its corresponding values.
2.
Timestamp tuples must be considered to be converted, whit SQLServer 21
conversion type.

Example of resulting query:

select

this_.CV_CURP as CV2_47_0_
from EC.dbo.TEXTO_PACIENTE this_
where this_.id_tipo_texto='23' and

(CONVERT(VARCHAR,this_.CV_CURP)+CONVERT(VARCHAR,this_.TM_EVENTO,21)+
CONVERT(VARCHAR,this_.ID_TIPO_TEXTO)) in (

(CONVERT(VARCHAR,?)+CONVERT(VARCHAR,?,21)+CONVERT(VARCHAR,?)))

Cheers,
Arturo