[hibernate-dev] Backward compatibilty latest snapshot

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 26 19:33:41 EDT 2009

DialectFactory is not a public API AFAIK but I know Grails had to use
a bunch of non public API esp on the mapping side.
So two solutions here:
  - it makes sense to move back DialectFactory to the dialect package,
Steve's call (note that the interface might have changed anyway
  - get the grails engine adapt to the new DialectFactory

Note that this change has been back ported to Hibernate 3.3.x so that
will be a problem for Grails when they upgrade.

You will have to reach Graeme and the team to coordinate a bit.