[hibernate-dev] Re: Antlr3 / JDK 1.5

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri May 29 09:07:36 EDT 2009

So after discussing with the Antlr folks, the intention was that the
runtime remain JDK 1.4 compatible.  However a few of the runtime classes
unintentionally ended up using generics.  At this point its probably not
going to be switched back because these represent public API classes and
there have been a few releases with that API.  So its really a question
of whether we want to pursue something like a retroweaver build for
Antlr to generate a 1.4 compatible release.

To your specific question, yes they can in fact co-exist (diff
packages).  The issue is my intention, which is to eventually use this
new translation code as the basis for all SQL generation activities so
that this stuff would get used in a variety of places within the code
base.

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 23:44 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Did you see my question/objections/inquiry this time ? :)
>
> /max
>
> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > I asked:
> >
> > Is antrl3 capable to coexist with antrl2 in the same classloader/app/vm ?
> >
> > p.s. your email steve at redhat.com bounces with errors.
> >
> > /max
> >

> > Steve Ebersole wrote:
> >> OK, my email (hibernate.org) is finally back.  Perhaps just heard no
> >>
> >> Any objections?

Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org