[hibernate-dev] metamodel generator & testsuite

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Wed Nov 18 04:43:42 EST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:58:35 +0100, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> Should we start checking in the generated static metamodel classes?

I would prefer not to.

> The reason I ask is that I am having problems running the testsuite at
> all
> right now because of issues getting the static metamodel classes
> generated. Specifically the generation for
> org.hibernate.ejb.test.metadata.Garden is not happening at all.

For me the build works including the generation of 'Garden'. At least from
the command line.
Can you be more specific what command you try to run (and from where)?

> Its metamodel class is referenced in
> org.hibernate.ejb.test.metadata.StaticMetadataTest which of course then
> cannot be compiled.
>
> We need to fix this so that current problems in the metamodel generator
> do not stop us from running our tests.  Perhaps this particular test
> should be moved to the metamodel generator project?

The test could only partly be moved to the metamodel generator project.
The assertions do not
only verify the existence and types of the generated metamodel classes,
but some tests also
make assertions which will only work once the metamodel classes are
"populated" (which happens
in entity manager)

--Hardy