[hibernate-dev] Copyright notice

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:26:06 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm having trouble with line terminators, it appears that many source
files in Hibernate Search are having CRLF as line terminator (windows
style),
while most files are using LF (Unix style).
As I use LF (working on Fedora), and I'm changing all source files
because of the copyright notice, if I commit it appears I've
completely rewritten many classes, making in hard to track changes as
each line is considered different than before.

I see 2 options here:

A) to mark these wrong-formatted (IMHO) source files with a Subversion
property svn:eol-style=CRLF
B) to recommit as-is, fixing line formats but making it hard to spot
changes (whole files replaced)

I'd vote for B to make it straight before it gets more complex.

WDYT?

Sanne