[hibernate-dev] [infinispan-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

John Griffin johng.sst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:53:17 EDT 2009

It depends on your definition of "clean" but Emmanuel is correct. When I
worked with highly dynamic data (meaning many segments over a short period
of time ) the IW would do a segment merge whenever the merge threshold was
reached. The Lucene document numbers would obviously change and If there
were documents marked as deleted, those segments would be removed but there
was no optimization performed just a merge.

Hope this helps.

JohnG

2009/9/23 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>

> On 23 sept. 09, at 14:58, Łukasz Moreń wrote:
>
> > Is it because, the IndexWriter only clean files if no indexReaders
> > are reading them (how would that be detected)?
> > It can happen if IndexWriter clean file, and IndexReader try to
> > access that cleaned file.
>
> IndexWriter doe snot clean files AFAIK (unless you optimize I think
> but that's another story).

John Griffin
Senior Software Engineer
Overstock.com