[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH-515 and issues with Session.clear or lock

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 04:35:42 EDT 2010

Hello,
I've shared some thoughts on HSEARCH-515 on the issue comments, I
definitely need to ask you some opinion about it.
I'll be able to implement one of the proposed solutions this weekend,
this week and next one I'm locked in a bank with bad connectivity,
so sorry communication can't be much better than some emails or JIRA comments.

I'd also love to hear your opinion on HSEARCH-512: the issue is caused
by an entity loaded in a Session which is cleared, the detached entity
passed to another thread and associated to a new session using

session.buildLockRequest( LockOptions.NONE ).lock( entity );

Seems possible there's an issue with the new core 3.5.x lock() method,
or even on the session.clear() ?
If the Session.clear() could have a bug, this could explain the
performance issues reported on the other threads/issues, as the batch
operations seems to slowly slow down, looks like a leak could be
happening.

cheers,