[hibernate-dev] Huge patch for Search

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:50:13 EST 2010

Hello,
I've prepared a patch for HSEARCH-458, there's nothing critically
complex inside but it's more than 3000 lines of tedious work.
It patches almost nothing in main, nearly all classes in test.
It changes the way we use Lucene's API, for each deprecated method
I've rewritten it to use the new API,
so the immediate effect will be to only reduce some warnings, but this
is going to be a requirement when switching to Lucene 3.x
(Lucene 2.9 deprecated the APIs, 3.x removed them)

ok for commit?
If you need to take a look inside, I've attached the patch to JIRA.

This is not about upgrading to Lucene3: it's still compatible with
2.9, but will make upgrade easier later.

Regards,