[hibernate-dev] 3.5.0-CR-2 set up in JIRA

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 17 20:11:15 EST 2010

Thanks for bringing
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-4613 to my
attention.  That was just carelessness on my part.  I have resolved it
already.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-4870 is
indicative of a larger, though pretty isolated, issue.  It only affects
users wanting to use what JPA terms a "static metamodel".  The
referenced error is happening when trying to "wire up" the static
metamodel classes.  The underlying issue is various mismatches between
how JPA defines the metamodel and how Hibernate defines it.  The
long-term fix for this is substantial.  I nudged the issue author for
some more details.  I agree it would be nice to have all these static
metamodel issues resolved prior 3.5.0, but given that users don't really
know about this feature thus far (the actual generator has no
documentation/fanfare and the spec does not really dwell on the
specifics) I don't see that as necessarily feasible at this time.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org