[hibernate-dev] adding a binding to a boolean method in Search's @Field to enable/disable

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:29:08 EST 2010

Hello all,
there's a user on Search's forum which is asking for a new feature:

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1002800

We already had cases of people wanting to enable/disable indexing at
instance level; in this case he wants to avoid indexing certain fields
in some conditions; reading a boolean property in the same indexed
instance would be good enough.
I'm unsure about the binding expression, but the idea of having each
Field enabled/disabled independently would indeed have helped me in
other situations, preventing me from writing a full ClassBridge for
just some special fields.

Regards,