[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 421 [Exceptions happening in backend are unnoticed]

Amin Mohammed-Coleman aminmc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 03:07:33 EST 2010

Hi All

Emmanuel asked me to look at this issue (HSearch 421) where exceptions
happening in backend process which are going unnoticed.  I was wondering if
I could get some advice/thoughts on how to tackle the problem.    The issue
mentioned providing the user the option to decide how to handle exceptions
(for example queues, logs, etc), so I'm guessing there needs to be some
custom option that the user will need to set up, maybe something like this?

exception_handling_strategy=jms
exception_handling_strategy_jms_queue=

or if they wanted to log the exceptions:

exception_handling_strategy=log

or the user could create a custom class which implements a particular
interface to handle exceptions

exception_handling_strategy=custom
exception_handling_custom_class=ExceptionHandling

I could be completely wrong in the above approach and therefore would be
grateful for any input.

Cheers
Amin