[hibernate-dev] [hibernate-announce] Hibernate 3.5.0-Beta-3 release

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 14 09:41:51 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 10:17 -0300, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> I think we could do the same with the version string as we do in Validator
> ( and maybe Search, not sure ). There we
> read the version string from the MANIFEST file. The nice things about this
> is that the version in the MANIFEST is
> dynamically created during the build.
We do this with core as well in terms of dynamic.  We use that bytecode
injjection maven plugin i wrote.

> Generally there are quite a few things we can do in the build
> configuration for annotations and entitymanager.
> The plugin configuration should be better synced with the parent pom and
> there are quite a few obsolete docbook resources
> checked in. Maybe the whole docbook stuff should be moved into the
> documentation directory.
We have this "unclean"  problem even in core:
http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/Hibernate/core/trunk/documentation/manual/old

and others.  I had just been waiting till we get around to actually
concolidating all the docs to go through that all at once.  Feel free to
do it or piece of it now though.

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org