[hibernate-dev] Default entity's data access

Andersen Max max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 05:06:19 EDT 2010

> The spec dedicates a whole paragraph about the default access type using
> using annotations, but I could
> not find anything regarding the default access type using orm.xml only. It
> seems it is up to
> the implementor to decide on the the default. Why would you consider
> 'property' access to be the wrong default?

The problem is that eclipse tooling tries and validate if the orm.xml actually maps to something
"legal".

Currently the default for orm.xml seem to be field access first thus it fails validation if there is no
matching field.

The Eclipse tooling claims to be following the JPA spec thus why we are asking what Hibernate
is basing its choice on.

/max