[hibernate-dev] copying branch to trunk without loosing revisions ?

Andersen Max max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 08:28:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I know this is a long overdue, but i'm now creating

https://svn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/tools/

and is trying to figure out how to make what were done in https://svn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/branches/Branch_3_2/HibernateExt/tools/
the new trunk (maintaing history etc.)

Is svn mv the only option ? (not liking that much since it removes the branch too..)

svn cp would give me the exact copy but not retain the revision info afaik.

Anyone remembers how it were done back in 2007 for core and the other modules ?
(svn history seem to indicate svn mv were used, but that were fine then because the branches and trunks were copied to corresponding branches and trunks)

/max