[hibernate-dev] [HSearch] Configuration properties

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri Jul 9 12:46:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

just wondering whether there is a reason why we don't expose the
configuration properties in SearchFactory?
I think we talked about this once, but I cannot remember exactly.

I noticed that the properties are now exposed in
StateSearchFactoryImplementor anyways. Maybe
we could push this all the way down to SearchFactory?

I need would need access to the properties and several places to for
example check for hibernate.search.generate_statistics or
"hibernate.search.jmx_enabled.

While looking at the code I also started to wonder whether we need all
these sub-interfaces for SearchFactory. Currently we have
SearchFactory -> SearchFactoryIntegrator -> SearchFactoryImplementor ->
StateSearchFactoryImplementor -> Mutable-/Immutable-SearchFactory
Is this really all needed?

--Hardy