[hibernate-dev] R: [HSearch] Configuration properties

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Jul 12 10:06:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

not sure whether we can get rid of WeakIdentityHashMap. There are other
uses for this class
not only ContextHolder. However, I think we could remove ContextHolder and
FullTextIndexCollectionEventListener.

The default constructor in FullTextIndexEventListener could be deprecated
and throw a
SearchException to ensure people remove the explicit listener
configuration from their
config files.

I've attached a patch in case. Have a look at let me know what you think.

If we go ahead with these changes we have to move the enableXYZ
(enableBeanValidation,
enableHibernateSearch,enableLegacyHibernateValidator) from
AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory
into Configuration.buildSessionFactory.

Comments?

--Hardy