[hibernate-dev] Communication link failure

findbestopensource findbestopensource at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 06:55:09 EDT 2010

Hello all,

We have launched a new website www.findbestopensource.com which lists
the best opensource product across platforms.

We are using hibernate and MySQL and c3p0 as connection pool provider.
I am getting the below error very frequently. Could you please guide
me.

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException
MESSAGE: The last packet successfully received from the server was
45,172,983 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the
server was 45,172,993 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server
configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either
expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your
application, increasing the server configured values for client
timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property
'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com