[hibernate-dev] Gradle branch

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 3 09:09:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 11:08 +0200, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> hi,
>
> some thoughts. First, should the current gradle branch compile out of the
> box?
Well it does compile out of the box ;)  You just said running the tests
fail, which implies it got past compiling :)

Anyway, so far on this branch the focus has been trying out the intellij
plugin and getting all modules to compile.

> That said, I was looking on the wiki if we have some sort of page where we
> document our
> gradle experience. I couldn't find one. I think we should create one with
> instructions
> on how to build the current prototype. On this page we can then also start
> a discussion about
> our experiences. WDYT?
>
> Btw, while searching for Gradle on the wiki I found this comparison
> between Maven vs Gradle -
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenVsGradle

Yep, I know of it.  I Helped Paul collect some of the data points.  The
issue is it is really old.  The comparisons were based on Maven 2 and
Gradle 0.6.  Lots has changed, especially on the Gradle side.  But sure
I can spend a little time writing up a wiki.

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org