[hibernate-dev] Project layout

Andersen Max max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 11:25:35 EDT 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 17:10, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> How does it not work with Hibernate though?  I mean at the end of the
> day, Hibernate is not that complicated of a project structure.  Yes
> there are some peculiarities with regards to mixed jdks and some other
> stuff, but that is not the sort of things you previously discussed as
> lacking in the gradle eclipse plugin.

hmm...that is an example of the challenges with things not separated out.

note, for hibernate core this is probably fine in the IDE.

>  Before you had mentioned enabling
> "features" inside the eclipse project.  What special features are we
> using here?

If I want to enable lets say the FindBugs plugin or some Antlr plugin
then it will overwritten by these shot-and-forget generation.

> To me in IntelliJ, that would equate to things like we are producing a
> war and want container integration enabled.  But we dont have that in
> Hibernate

no, I know.

> Or we are writing some groovy stuff and want the Groovy facet enabled.
> Again, none of that here.

I thought the gradle scripts were groovy so sounds rather relevant here does it not ?

> So I am totally lost what you mean here.  Or are you just talking about
> in general and there is no specific issue in importing Hibernate into
> eclipse?

Its certianly something you probably can live without and those using the IDE for more
than a java compiler and fancy editor its fine.

It is though a step backwards - but I agree its a smaller step backwards
than the step forward you hope to go with using Gradle instead of mvn.

/max