[hibernate-dev] Project layout

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 18 11:47:56 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 17:25 +0200, Andersen Max wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2010, at 17:10, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>
> > How does it not work with Hibernate though?  I mean at the end of the
> > day, Hibernate is not that complicated of a project structure.  Yes
> > there are some peculiarities with regards to mixed jdks and some other
> > stuff, but that is not the sort of things you previously discussed as
> > lacking in the gradle eclipse plugin.
>
> hmm...that is an example of the challenges with things not separated out.
>
> note, for hibernate core this is probably fine in the IDE.

I do not follow this at all.  Mixed JDKs *are* all isolated to projects.
So they are separated out.  Nothing in that respect changes from what we
have today.  Does it work in Eclipse today?  If so, then in that respect
it will work in Eclipse here too.

> If I want to enable lets say the FindBugs plugin or some Antlr plugin
> then it will overwritten by these shot-and-forget generation.

In the IntelliJ plugin the idea is merging of information.  IntelliJ
config files are all XML.  So if the Gradle plugin does not understand a
certain stanza it does not touch it.  If Eclipse does not do that, well,
not sure what to tell you.

> I thought the gradle scripts were groovy so sounds rather relevant here does it not ?

I am giving examples.  Sheesh :)

All I was asking about was paths and how they relate to Eclipse since I
have no clue.  You asked questions outside my initial query and I was
simply trying to answer those for you.

In terms of these other concerns, how about someone actually try
importing it and see if there are real, actual issues rather than us
discussing esoteric possibilities that there could maybe  be some
more-or-less catastrophic problem importing them into eclipse ;)

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org