[hibernate-dev] Translate Hibernate Core Documentation to Spanish

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 30 11:32:52 EDT 2010

Sorry I should have responded on here.

The general process is to begin editing the PO files for the translation
(there is already a spanish translation).  If you are unfamiliar with PO
files, they are defined by the GNU Gettext project which is a long
standing means to perform translations.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/

There are many PO file editors out there.  At the end of the day, a PO
file is just a specially formatted text file so you can really even just
use a text editor if you wish.  The special PO editors simply add extra
useful fluff on top; stuff like highlighting which entries are "fuzzy"
(potentially needing translation), etc.

The Red Hat translation team have agreed to take over ownership of the
translations, so we need to coordinate with them in terms of doing
translation work.  I have asked them how they would like this to happen.
  I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks for your interest in helping out!  :)