[hibernate-dev] beginners have an hard time to help themselves

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 05:53:50 EST 2010

Hi,
as you all know, the forums are terribly overloaded with information
about Hibernate "getting started", and so is google.

as a reference, this is just an example of general feedback:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1008200

I get many comments on the same line from everybody I meet around, not
sure what could be done besides bringing on the work on "Getting
Started Guide", maybe this user is right and this documentation should
have a new forum to collect feedback on it?
I don't think we would be able to help all people in a "getting
started" forum, but maybe it could work if we set strong rules and try
have people limit their posts about documentation feedback - a JIRA
project for the getting started guides?
We could set it up as a new forum area, but as a locked forum with
pointers to reference manuals and instructions to file issues, limited
to docs only.

I don't think this is brilliant, just tossing out some ideas; please
suggest alternatives!

Cheers,