[hibernate-dev] Fail fast feature for Hibernate Validator

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 4 13:07:55 EDT 2010

That or slowish validations.

One typical use case is that:

if ( validator.validate(customer, StraightToValidationScreen.class).size() >0 ) {
  //manual process
}
else {
  //automatic process
}

BTW, I've committed a non scientific perf test that shows an average of 5x perf improvement on an object graph of 5 object (one master and 4 children) and 4 constraints on A and 3 on B. Around 22ms vs 120 ms. (log4j logs set to ERROR). The perf change is visible even on smallish graphs.

It can be worthwhile.