[hibernate-dev] Hibernate 4 and the hibernate3.jar file in release bundle

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Sun Oct 10 14:25:38 EDT 2010

I think uber jars are never a good idea. You get everything and
developers don't care to find out what features they want or don't
want.

As for Maven, have you considered profiles? If developers could
activate them, there would be pre-built dependencies (like for c3p0).
I find this better than Ivy.

Paul