[hibernate-dev] Hibernate 4 and the hibernate3.jar file in release bundle

Adam Warski adam at warski.org
Sun Oct 10 16:29:03 EDT 2010

Hello,

> As far as I know, the only way to do what you suggest with Maven would be for
> us to develop an archetype.  The problem with these imho is that you rarely
> are developing a "hibernate application"; more usually you are developing a
> "web application", within which you are using hibernate.  So you need to
> decide up front which archetype you want to use.  Its just very inflexible.

What about a maven artifact (afaik gardle and ivy also use maven repositories for dependencies), which only contains dependencies to other hibernate modules (the ones that are before went into the uber-jar and are not transitive deps of the hibernate core artifact)?

--
Adam Warski
http://www.warski.org