[hibernate-dev] Hibernate 4 and the hibernate3.jar file in release bundle

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Oct 11 03:34:05 EDT 2010

I think Sanne has a good point here. The people who are already using
Maven or Ivy are not in need
of a ueber-jar. They (hopefully) already realized that modularized jars
are the better approach.

I am against continuing the support for a hibernate core ueberjar. I am
not sure whether we really need
some sort of substitute.

@Steve, can you explain in more detail how your Ivy approach would look
like?

Regarding the maven archetype plugin. I recommend to stay away from it. I
tried to use it in Validator and
Search and it is just broken. See also
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-302
Thinking about generating multiple different artifacts gives me the
shivers.

--Hardy